Saturday, April 13, 2013
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Monday, April 9, 2012
Apparently, San Fransanity has been suffering from a potential malware infection.
I am not a computer genius, but I've deleted all the sidebars and photos and stuff in the margins in the hope that will fix this.
Google analytics has shown that there have been no incidents of funny business or damaging things happening from visiting this site in the last 90 days.
So... hopefully, this will fix this, and people will no longer get the evil message.
Monday, December 5, 2011
A California man who was once known as the nation's worst serial killer was again denied parole Monday after he admitted his guilt for the first time before the parole board.
Juan Corona said he murdered and mutilated 25 (mostly white) farmworkers four decades ago because they were trespassing in the orchards north of Sacramento, said Sutter County Assistant District Attorney Jana McClung.
Parole officials decided Corona can try again in five years, McClung said after the two-hour hearing. It was Corona's seventh bid for parole from Corcoran State Prison.
Corona previously made incriminating statements to a prison psychologist.
However, "this is the first time that I'm aware of that he made that admission to the full board. He said it was trespassing and they were winos," McClung said. "He just doesn't seem to realize that what he did was wrong."
Corona, 77, has been diagnosed with dementia and mental illness (but by all means, let's let him go free - how much harm can a 25-time murderer suffering from dementia and mental illness do???).
No family members of his victims attended the hearing. Prosecutors said Corona targeted victims who had few relatives and likely wouldn't be missed.
"We have had no contact with survivors for two decades now," District Attorney Carl Adams said before the hearing. "The people who he killed were farm laborers who were itinerant. Most of them didn't have relatives who could be contacted back in the `70s at the time of trial." (Moral of the story - if you're going to kill people, make sure they have no family so no one will be upset.)
Four of the bodies have never been identified. The bodies of 14 of Corona's victims were never claimed by family members after they were discovered in 1971.
Corona, a farm labor contractor with a history of mental illness, was convicted of stabbing the men, hacking open their heads and burying their remains near Yuba City, 40 miles north of Sacramento.
He told the parole board he stabbed his first victim with a kitchen knife, shot his second, and killed the rest with a machete, McClung said. However, there is no record of any of his victims being shot, she said, raising questions about whether there was another possible victim or if the shooting was a product of Corona's fading mind.
Corona walked unaided into the hearing, but his dementia was evident during his comments, McClung said.
"He was a little bit all over the road," she said. "He did start rambling a little bit."
Corona's attorney, Leon Harris III of Bakersfield, declined to comment before the hearing.
Corona's first conviction in 1973 was overturned on appeal, but he was convicted again in 1982 and sentenced to 25 concurrent life sentences. He was not eligible for the death penalty because California's capital punishment law had been ruled unconstitutional at the time (not like it makes any difference in a state where capital punishment is the law, but it is effectively not used by politicians who don't believe in it).
It was the most deadly killing spree in U.S. history, until John Wayne Gacy Jr. was convicted in 1980 of murdering 33 young men and boys in his Chicago home. Gacy was executed in 1994 in Illinois.
Investigators found a machete, a meat cleaver, a double-bladed ax and a wooden club, all stained with blood, in Corona's home, along with a ledger book containing the names of seven of the victims.
Corona is a Mexican national and native of Jalisco, Mexico (Translation: He was an illegal alien).
His attorney argued that his age and lack of recent violent acts means he should be paroled, said McClung, who countered that his dementia and apparent lack of understanding and remorse means he is still dangerous.
"The concern could be, would he go out and do this again, because he doesn't seem to have an understanding of what he did the first time," she said.
Buried in the story - again - is the fact that Corona was an illegal alien who predominantly murdered white people. But that makes him a hero in the liberal playbook.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
It appears that PETA is sticking to the old saw that any PR is good PR. Far from shying away from its sexploitationalist tactics, the group plans to launch a pornographic website.
I need an adult! I NEED AN ADULT!!!
The website, www.peta.xxx, will allegedly earn its .xxx domain, but probably won't offer footage of sex acts. The site will instead promote veganism by offering erotic teasers of the sex-with-vegetables theme before hitting hard with graphic images of animal suffering.
A PETA spokesperson told Australia's Herald Sun: "It's the kind of thing you often won't see on TV because the under cover footage is so graphic and violent that it's pretty tough to show." But, according to the Huffington Post, the site will feature some celebrity flesh.
The group defended its tactics. A spokeswoman told HuffPo, "We wouldn't use nudity or some of our flashier tactics if we didn't know they worked. We also track the effectiveness of our actions very closely and see if we get visitors checking out other features on our site."
Apparently there's an untapped market for recruiting internet porn surfers to altruistic causes. Who knew?
Typical liberal fascists. Everything is evil... unless we do it. Then it's okay.
One has to wonder if there is anything that liberals won't stoop to if it thinks it advances their cause.
Friday, August 19, 2011
Police say the suspect in a fatal hit-and-run crash that took the life of 4-year-old Santa Rosa boy was cited for driving without a license less than a week before he plowed through a West Ninth Street crosswalk Thursday night and killed the youngster.
Marcos Lopez Garcia, 22, was cited once for unlicensed driving last year and then again last Saturday, with instructions to appear in court Oct. 18 and ordered not to drive until then, Santa Rosa Police Sgt. Rich Celli said Friday.
He was arrested for suspected felony hit and run and driving without a license, though police intend to request more serious charges now that the boy has died, Celli said.
Garcia was being held without bail because of an immigration hold, jail personnel said.
Saturday, January 15, 2011
This is a report from Nightline - that bastion of right wing doublethink - on the town of Fort Hancock, Texas. That's right, Texas. As in inside the USA.
The "virtual fence" has been scrapped by the Obama administration, but what, if anything, will take its place.
We are watching.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
I don't know exactly what drove me to look up and read the Unabomber Manifesto (whose actual title is "Industrial Society and Its Future"). Ted Kaczynski was seen somewhat sympathetically by some as an obviously disturbed man who took a very extreme approach in addressing what many people see as a problem: the pace of technology that is leaving humanity in the dust. It should be noted that this sympathy was not mutual.
Contained in the manifesto, towards the beginning, is one of the most concise and complete critiques of the modern Left I've ever seen. Kaczynski was clearly not insane - he sees the left with a clarity that is refreshing in its truthfulness. Perhaps resorting to terrorism was the only choice he felt he had, given his wholly isolated existence.
He was wrong, of course, and its hard to imagine that things would have been the same had he not imposed that isolation on himself. Just because he was a murderer does not however render his ideas invalid.
The ideas of Kaczynski deserve reading and discussing. Ideas are just ideas, they are not harmful in themselves. People who are scared of ideas are pussies. People who need to suppress ideas are shitheads. Ideas certainly can be dangerous. But the suppression of ideas is worse. Still worse is the unflinching, uncritical acceptance of ideas.
So here then is what the Unabomber thinks of the Left. Italics emphasis is in the original. My emphasis is in bold.
The Psychology of Modern Leftism
6. Almost everyone will agree that we live in a deeply troubled society. One of the most widespread manifestations of the craziness of our world is leftism, so a discussion of the psychology of leftism can serve as an introduction to the discussion of the problems of modern society in general.
7. But what is leftism? During the first half of the 20th century leftism could have been practically identified with socialism. Today the movement is fragmented and it is not clear who can properly be called a leftist. When we speak of leftists in this article we have in mind mainly socialists, collectivists, "politically correct" types, feminists, gay and disability activists, animal rights activists and the like. But not everyone who is associated with one of these movements is a leftist. What we are trying to get at in discussing leftism is not so much a movement or an ideology as a psychological type, or rather a collection of related types. Thus, what we mean by "leftism" will emerge more clearly in the course of our discussion of leftist psychology. (Also, see paragraphs 227-230.)
8. Even so, our conception of leftism will remain a good deal less clear than we would wish, but there doesn't seem to be any remedy for this. All we are trying to do is indicate in a rough and approximate way the two psychological tendencies that we believe are the main driving force of modern leftism. We by no means claim to be telling the whole truth about leftist psychology. Also, our discussion is meant to apply to modern leftism only. We leave open the question of the extent to which our discussion could be applied to the leftists of the 19th and early 20th century.
9. The two psychological tendencies that underlie modern leftism we call "feelings of inferiority" and "oversocialization." Feelings of inferiority are characteristic of modern leftism as a whole, while oversocialization is characteristic only of a certain segment of modern leftism; but this segment is highly influential.
Feelings of inferiority
10. By "feelings of inferiority" we mean not only inferiority feelings in the strict sense but a whole spectrum of related traits; low self-esteem, feelings of powerlessness, depressive tendencies, defeatism, guilt, self-hatred, etc. We argue that modern leftists tend to have some such feelings (possibly more or less repressed) and that these feelings are decisive in determining the direction of modern leftism.
11. When someone interprets as derogatory almost anything that is said about him (or about groups with whom he identifies) we conclude that he has inferiority feelings or low self-esteem. This tendency is pronounced among minority rights activists, whether or not they belong to the minority groups whose rights they defend. They are hypersensitive about the words used to designate minorities and about anything that is said concerning minorities. The terms "negro," "oriental," "handicapped" or "chick" for an African, an Asian, a disabled person or a woman originally had no derogatory connotation. "Broad" and "chick" were merely the feminine equivalents of "guy," "dude" or "fellow." The negative connotations have been attached to these terms by the activists themselves. Some animal rights activists have gone so far as to reject the word "pet" and insist on its replacement by "animal companion." Leftish anthropologists go to great lengths to avoid saying anything about primitive peoples that could conceivably be interpreted as negative. They want to replace the world "primitive" by "nonliterate." They seem almost paranoid about anything that might suggest that any primitive culture is inferior to our own. (We do not mean to imply that primitive cultures are inferior to ours. We merely point out the hypersensitivity of leftish anthropologists.)
12. Those who are most sensitive about "politically incorrect" terminology are not the average black ghetto-dweller, Asian immigrant, abused woman or disabled person, but a minority of activists, many of whom do not even belong to any "oppressed" group but come from privileged strata of society. Political correctness has its stronghold among university professors, who have secure employment with comfortable salaries, and the majority of whom are heterosexual white males from middle- to upper-middle-class families.
13. Many leftists have an intense identification with the problems of groups that have an image of being weak (women), defeated (American Indians), repellent (homosexuals) or otherwise inferior. The leftists themselves feel that these groups are inferior. They would never admit to themselves that they have such feelings, but it is precisely because they do see these groups as inferior that they identify with their problems. (We do not mean to suggest that women, Indians, etc. are inferior; we are only making a point about leftist psychology.)
14. Feminists are desperately anxious to prove that women are as strong and as capable as men. Clearly they are nagged by a fear that women may not be as strong and as capable as men.
15. Leftists tend to hate anything that has an image of being strong, good and successful. They hate America, they hate Western civilization, they hate white males, they hate rationality. The reasons that leftists give for hating the West, etc. clearly do not correspond with their real motives. They say they hate the West because it is warlike, imperialistic, sexist, ethnocentric and so forth, but where these same faults appear in socialist countries or in primitive cultures, the leftist finds excuses for them, or at best he grudgingly admits that they exist; whereas he enthusiastically points out (and often greatly exaggerates) these faults where they appear in Western civilization. Thus it is clear that these faults are not the leftist's real motive for hating America and the West. He hates America and the West because they are strong and successful.
16. Words like "self-confidence," "self-reliance," "initiative," "enterprise," "optimism," etc., play little role in the liberal and leftist vocabulary. The leftist is anti-individualistic, pro-collectivist. He wants society to solve everyone's problems for them, satisfy everyone's needs for them, take care of them. He is not the sort of person who has an inner sense of confidence in his ability to solve his own problems and satisfy his own needs. The leftist is antagonistic to the concept of competition because, deep inside, he feels like a loser.
17. Art forms that appeal to modern leftish intellectuals tend to focus on sordidness, defeat and despair, or else they take an orgiastic tone, throwing off rational control as if there were no hope of accomplishing anything through rational calculation and all that was left was to immerse oneself in the sensations of the moment.
18. Modern leftish philosophers tend to dismiss reason, science, objective reality and to insist that everything is culturally relative. It is true that one can ask serious questions about the foundations of scientific knowledge and about how, if at all, the concept of objective reality can be defined. But it is obvious that modern leftish philosophers are not simply cool-headed logicians systematically analyzing the foundations of knowledge. They are deeply involved emotionally in their attack on truth and reality. They attack these concepts because of their own psychological needs. For one thing, their attack is an outlet for hostility, and, to the extent that it is successful, it satisfies the drive for power. More importantly, the leftist hates science and rationality because they classify certain beliefs as true (i.e., successful, superior) and other beliefs as false (i.e., failed, inferior). The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests. Leftists are antagonistic to genetic explanations of human abilities or behavior because such explanations tend to make some persons appear superior or inferior to others. Leftists prefer to give society the credit or blame for an individual's ability or lack of it. Thus if a person is "inferior" it is not his fault, but society's, because he has not been brought up properly.
19. The leftist is not typically the kind of person whose feelings of inferiority make him a braggart, an egotist, a bully, a self-promoter, a ruthless competitor. This kind of person has not wholly lost faith in himself. He has a deficit in his sense of power and self-worth, but he can still conceive of himself as having the capacity to be strong, and his efforts to make himself strong produce his unpleasant behavior. But the leftist is too far gone for that. His feelings of inferiority are so ingrained that he cannot conceive of himself as individually strong and valuable. Hence the collectivism of the leftist. He can feel strong only as a member of a large organization or a mass movement with which he identifies himself.
20. Notice the masochistic tendency of leftist tactics. Leftists protest by lying down in front of vehicles, they intentionally provoke police or racists to abuse them, etc. These tactics may often be effective, but many leftists use them not as a means to an end but because they prefer masochistic tactics. Self-hatred is a leftist trait.
21. Leftists may claim that their activism is motivated by compassion or by moral principles, and moral principle does play a role for the leftist of the oversocialized type. But compassion and moral principle cannot be the main motives for leftist activism. Hostility is too prominent a component of leftist behavior; so is the drive for power. Moreover, much leftist behavior is not rationally calculated to be of benefit to the people whom the leftists claim to be trying to help. For example, if one believes that affirmative action is good for black people, does it make sense to demand affirmative action in hostile or dogmatic terms? Obviously it would be more productive to take a diplomatic and conciliatory approach that would make at least verbal and symbolic concessions to white people who think that affirmative action discriminates against them. But leftist activists do not take such an approach because it would not satisfy their emotional needs. Helping black people is not their real goal. Instead, race problems serve as an excuse for them to express their own hostility and frustrated need for power. In doing so they actually harm black people, because the activists' hostile attitude toward the white majority tends to intensify race hatred.
22. If our society had no social problems at all, the leftists would have to invent problems in order to provide themselves with an excuse for making a fuss.
23. We emphasize that the foregoing does not pretend to be an accurate description of everyone who might be considered a leftist. It is only a rough indication of a general tendency of leftism.
24. Psychologists use the term "socialization" to designate the process by which children are trained to think and act as society demands. A person is said to be well socialized if he believes in and obeys the moral code of his society and fits in well as a functioning part of that society. It may seem senseless to say that many leftists are over-socialized, since the leftist is perceived as a rebel. Nevertheless, the position can be defended. Many leftists are not such rebels as they seem.
25. The moral code of our society is so demanding that no one can think, feel and act in a completely moral way. For example, we are not supposed to hate anyone, yet almost everyone hates somebody at some time or other, whether he admits it to himself or not. Some people are so highly socialized that the attempt to think, feel and act morally imposes a severe burden on them. In order to avoid feelings of guilt, they continually have to deceive themselves about their own motives and find moral explanations for feelings and actions that in reality have a non-moral origin. We use the term "oversocialized" to describe such people.
26. Oversocialization can lead to low self-esteem, a sense of powerlessness, defeatism, guilt, etc. One of the most important means by which our society socializes children is by making them feel ashamed of behavior or speech that is contrary to society's expectations. If this is overdone, or if a particular child is especially susceptible to such feelings, he ends by feeling ashamed of himself. Moreover the thought and the behavior of the oversocialized person are more restricted by society's expectations than are those of the lightly socialized person. The majority of people engage in a significant amount of naughty behavior. They lie, they commit petty thefts, they break traffic laws, they goof off at work, they hate someone, they say spiteful things or they use some underhanded trick to get ahead of the other guy. The oversocialized person cannot do these things, or if he does do them he generates in himself a sense of shame and self-hatred. The oversocialized person cannot even experience, without guilt, thoughts or feelings that are contrary to the accepted morality; he cannot think "unclean" thoughts. And socialization is not just a matter of morality; we are socialized to conform to many norms of behavior that do not fall under the heading of morality. Thus the oversocialized person is kept on a psychological leash and spends his life running on rails that society has laid down for him. In many oversocialized people this results in a sense of constraint and powerlessness that can be a severe hardship. We suggest that oversocialization is among the more serious cruelties that human beings inflict on one another.
27. We argue that a very important and influential segment of the modern left is oversocialized and that their oversocialization is of great importance in determining the direction of modern leftism. Leftists of the oversocialized type tend to be intellectuals or members of the upper-middle class. Notice that university intellectuals constitute the most highly socialized segment of our society and also the most left-wing segment.
28. The leftist of the oversocialized type tries to get off his psychological leash and assert his autonomy by rebelling. But usually he is not strong enough to rebel against the most basic values of society. Generally speaking, the goals of today's leftists are not in conflict with the accepted morality. On the contrary, the left takes an accepted moral principle, adopts it as its own, and then accuses mainstream society of violating that principle. Examples: racial equality, equality of the sexes, helping poor people, peace as opposed to war, nonviolence generally, freedom of expression, kindness to animals. More fundamentally, the duty of the individual to serve society and the duty of society to take care of the individual. All these have been deeply rooted values of our society (or at least of its middle and upper classes) for a long time. These values are explicitly or implicitly expressed or presupposed in most of the material presented to us by the mainstream communications media and the educational system. Leftists, especially those of the oversocialized type, usually do not rebel against these principles but justify their hostility to society by claiming (with some degree of truth) that society is not living up to these principles.
29. Here is an illustration of the way in which the oversocialized leftist shows his real attachment to the conventional attitudes of our society while pretending to be in rebellion against it. Many leftists push for affirmative action, for moving black people into high-prestige jobs, for improved education in black schools and more money for such schools; the way of life of the black "underclass" they regard as a social disgrace. They want to integrate the black man into the system, make him a business executive, a lawyer, a scientist just like upper-middle-class white people. The leftists will reply that the last thing they want is to make the black man into a copy of the white man; instead, they want to preserve African American culture. But in what does this preservation of African American culture consist? It can hardly consist in anything more than eating black-style food, listening to black-style music, wearing black-style clothing and going to a black-style church or mosque. In other words, it can express itself only in superficial matters. In all essential respects leftists of the oversocialized type want to make the black man conform to white, middle-class ideals. They want to make him study technical subjects, become an executive or a scientist, spend his life climbing the status ladder to prove that black people are as good as white. They want to make black fathers "responsible." They want black gangs to become nonviolent, etc. But these are exactly the values of the industrial-technological system. The system couldn't care less what kind of music a man listens to, what kind of clothes he wears or what religion he believes in as long as he studies in school, holds a respectable job, climbs the status ladder, is a "responsible" parent, is nonviolent and so forth. In effect, however much he may deny it, the oversocialized leftist wants to integrate the black man into the system and make him adopt its values.
30. We certainly do not claim that leftists, even of the oversocialized type, never rebel against the fundamental values of our society. Clearly they sometimes do. Some oversocialized leftists have gone so far as to rebel against one of modern society's most important principles by engaging in physical violence. By their own account, violence is for them a form of "liberation." In other words, by committing violence they break through the psychological restraints that have been trained into them. Because they are oversocialized these restraints have been more confining for them than for others; hence their need to break free of them. But they usually justify their rebellion in terms of mainstream values. If they engage in violence they claim to be fighting against racism or the like.
31. We realize that many objections could be raised to the foregoing thumb-nail sketch of leftist psychology. The real situation is complex, and anything like a complete description of it would take several volumes even if the necessary data were available. We claim only to have indicated very roughly the two most important tendencies in the psychology of modern leftism.
32. The problems of the leftist are indicative of the problems of our society as a whole. Low self-esteem, depressive tendencies and defeatism are not restricted to the left. Though they are especially noticeable in the left, they are widespread in our society. And today's society tries to socialize us to a greater extent than any previous society. We are even told by experts how to eat, how to exercise, how to make love, how to raise our kids and so forth.
Friday, December 10, 2010
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
This is why I’m a Giants fan. This exact moment. Scratch that: this is why I like stupid, grunt grunt sports in general. San Francisco, this very moment.
It’s legitimately a magical time in San Francisco right now. I have the fortune of working approximately two blocks away from AT&T/”For Christsakes, it’s PacBell” Park, and it’s been absolutely surreal. If a unicorn came around the corner and high fived me right now and said, “Go Giants”, I wouldn’t even take an earbud out. I’d just high hoove him right back and point and smile.
For people who don’t understand why people love sports so much, move to a town where this kind of thing might happen, and you’ll get it.
This team has done something to this city that is unreal. It’s even more unreal because this is San Francisco. Home of the polarizing “I hate your district NO I HATE YOUR DISTRICT LET’S MAKE OUT THOUGH BECAUSE WE BOTH LOVE SAN FRANCISCO” landscape. Hipsters hate marina guys. Marina guys hate hipsters. We judge every goddamn thing on the planet that isn’t organic, and then can’t understand why people judge the crap out of us right back (irony alert). I mean…I work down the block from afucking artisan grilled cheese store. This town is, by no means, indicative of the rest of the American landscape. We’re just weird, and we embrace the living crap out of it.
And right now, everyone is a Giants fan. Everyone. Your grandma. That homeless guy directing you into a wide open parking spot and then expecting you to congratulate him for his non-feat with a dollar. Right now? I’d give him two. Because this town is effing electric.
You know what? To all the people who hate “bandwagon” fans? Let it go. Who cares. You know who you are? You’re the guy who liked the Kings of Leon and then got mad when everyone else did. You’re the guy who said “this band is SO good”, and then when someone said, “hey I agree” you said NO YOU DON’T ONLY I CAN LIKE THEM. That’s silly. Knock it off. Let them in. Buy them a beer, or a kombucha. Whatever it is. I don’t care. Just let this happen and stop Eeyoring the crap out of our unlimited happiness we’re on the brink of.
I love sports for this reason. Every now and then, everyone just stops being so damn frumpy and acts like our city is just a big college. You ever been to a college town thatreally loves their team a scary amount? Like, Ray Finkel’s Mom amounts? It’s great. You know why? Because everyone is just actually nice to each other. You have a common bond. And whether or not it’s a bond that is contingent upon a guy throwing a ball or waving a wooden stick, it’s an awesome bond.
I love this time. I find myself smiling at people when I buy coffee. I see my friends who bicker over ridiculous crap calling each other and inviting each other to hang out. I see strangers hugging because a guy from the Dominican Republic is hitting sac fly’s. Marina guys are wearing the same goddamn t-shirt hipster guys are wearing. HOW CAN YOU NOT BOTTLE THIS MOMENT UP? We’re in a vacuum. Enjoy it.
I have grown up with the Giants. My brother and I spend half of our “that’s so adorable that they are ACTUALLY best friends” time talking to each other about them; it genuinely brings us together. It’s in the blood of my family, and I was taught from a very young age to bring a blanket to the ‘stick because it’s never a comfortable temperature in this city. My mother and father brought our family together with this ridiculous game. If you never lived here or you’re just getting on the bandwagon? Let me be your creepy metaphorical father and open the front door and hand you a beer. Welcome. We love you, too.
So fear the Just for Men beard. Embrace the fact that every woman in town is in love with the good guy (THAT NEVER HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE). Embrace the fact that we have a pitcher that resembles one of the greatest characters in film history, one Mitch Kramer (he even smokes pot…how San Francisco is that?). Embrace it.
No matter what happens, San Francisco, embrace it. This is why we like sports. Because they are ridiculous, and they make people really happy when we’d usually just bide the time complaining about what we don’t like about each other.
Embrace it, San Francisco. This is why we like each other. Right now.
Fear the goddamn beard.
John Dennis is tilting at the ultimate windmill... trying to knock off Nancy Pelosi - the Democratic Party's Deng Xiao Ping in the Liberal One Party State known as CA District 8.
Send the speaker a message
Rep. Nancy Pelosi will no longer be speaker if Republicans take over the House of Representatives, or even if they come close, thanks to the many House Democratic incumbents and candidates who have promised not to vote for her in the new Congress.
Our sister publication, The Washington Examiner, asked Pelosi’s office whether she would pledge to serve out her full term if re-elected. It has not heard back. So a vote for Pelosi is probably a waste of your time. And it is a bad idea.
It would reward her hurried passage of an $814 billion stimulus package written behind closed doors that has done nothing to prevent local unemployment from rising to 10.6 percent during the past year. It would reward her for ramming through a health care reform bill that will benefit few San Franciscans, given that nearly all our uninsured are covered under Medi-Cal or Healthy San Francisco.
The main result locally will be the thousands of residents forced to buy new and more-expensive insurance plans. The procedural gimmicks involved in passing Obamacare — and, notably, Pelosi’s own statement that “we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it” — did more than anything else to sour Americans on Democrats.
Pelosi’s two-term speakership has been characterized by the arrogance of power. Her rental of a $19,000-a- month office downtown at taxpayers’ expense — the most expensive of any House member, possibly of all time — is but one example.
During her 85 military aircraft flights since March, she has racked up a six-figure food-and-drink tab. She made the 111th Congress the most opaque in history, with bills of a thousand or more pages routinely written in secret without committee input, then thrown to the floor mere hours before votes were taken.
Even worse, after years of singing the virtues of patriotic dissent against Bush administration policies, Pelosi falsely branded dissenters on Obamacare as Nazis “carrying swastikas and symbols like that,” then denouncing those who challenged their members of Congress in town hall meetings as “drowning out opposing views” and therefore “un-American.”
The Examiner does not believe that Pelosi has ever been drowned out, given the enormous power and speaking platform she possesses. Further, we view her attempt to demonize dissenters as far more dangerous to democracy than anyone’s protest. Therefore, we encourage voters in the 8th Congressional District to support her opponent, John Dennis — an anti-war, pro-marijuana Republican.
A vote for Dennis will send a strong, clear message that dictatorial policymaking, the lavish and unnecessary spending of tax dollars on wasteful programs and personal perks, and demonization of the political opposition are unacceptable behavior for officeholders of any party or philosophy.
This is Mexico. Does this video remind you of anything - in another part of the world? Next time you hear Janet Napolitano and her lackadaisical attitude towards securing the border, think about this, and ask yourself: How Long? How long until the mayhem of Mexico is visited upon Americans? Until some of the 28,000 murdered since 2007 starts to include our citizens? And how long do we have to wait until the Feds build the damn wall they promised us, to keep out this growing cancer next door?
Friday, October 29, 2010
Is this the last gasp from America’s liberal elites before the November mid-terms on Tuesday? This is what economist Paul Krugman has to say in The New York Times today, predicting “political chaos”, with the hysterical warning – “if the elections go as expected next week, here’s my advice: Be afraid. Be very afraid.”
This is going to be terrible. In fact, future historians will probably look back at the 2010 election as a catastrophe for America, one that condemned the nation to years of political chaos and economic weakness.
Krugman then goes on to blame George W. Bush for America’s economic problems, including the huge budget deficit, to which Barack Obama has added $3 trillion since taking office:
The economy, weighed down by the debt that households ran up during the Bush-era bubble, is in dire straits; deflation, not inflation, is the clear and present danger. And it’s not at all clear that the Fed has the tools to head off this danger. Right now we very much need active policies on the part of the federal government to get us out of our economic trap.
But we won’t get those policies if Republicans control the House. In fact, if they get their way, we’ll get the worst of both worlds: They’ll refuse to do anything to boost the economy now, claiming to be worried about the deficit, while simultaneously increasing long-run deficits with irresponsible tax cuts — cuts they have already announced won’t have to be offset with spending cuts.
Not only is Krugman’s article one of the most ridiculous pieces of scare-mongering in the history of modern American journalism, but it is the pathetic whimper of a decaying liberal Ancien Regime that is spectacularly crumbling. It also illustrates just how out of touch liberal elites are with public opinion, as well as economic reality. The tired old blame Bush line no longer works, and as a recent poll showed, the former president’s popularity is rising again.
Whether Krugman likes it or not, the American people are turning overwhelmingly against Barack Obama’s Big Government agenda, and are looking for free market solutions to getting the country back on its feet, creating jobs and cutting the nation’s debt. As poll after poll shows, Americans are rejecting the liberal status quo and embracing the political revolution sweeping the country. My guess is that historians will look back on November 2010 not as a “catastrophe”, as Krugman declares, but as the beginning of a powerful new era for the United States, when conservatism and the cause of freedom made a striking comeback.
The article generated this response in the comments. If we are to be afraid of the future, then this poster outlines the real reasons that we should be - maybe not afraid - but vigilant, steadfast, and ready for anything...
One thing we should understand: for the Left and its enablers, the entire battle is that of propaganda. Of 'getting the message out'. Their entire edifice is built on pure lies.
Every single thing they say is a lie. Everything about their intentions, everything about their own methods, everything about their own identities---every single thing is a lie. So, the alleged 'intellects' of the Left are always busy spinning things out of any cotton they can find, and more often, they spin things out of thin air. No cotton required. It is an existential imperative for them. Just like if you are a farmer, you *have* to farm in order to survive (or change the vocation), and if you are a scientist, you have to pursue truth, if you are a Leftist, you can not not lie.
This krugman is no different and no more orginal then the original Leftists--the Jacobins and the Bolsheviks and the "Social Democrats" and "Progressives" and such. And when they are caught red-handed lying (and committing unspeakable crimes against humanity), the only response they know is to lie some more. They will say and do the most mind-bogglingly untrue things and keep the battle going until their last breath---literally.
There is no redemption for a Leftist. No renunciation of his own house of intellectual virtual cards. Because nothing can replace the nothing that they are pathologically addicted to. However. And this is a big big however, one must never say, 'last gasp of the Left'. Because anther of their greatest characteristics is that they *never* ever, that is, *never* *ever* give up.
Their indvidiual evil dies *only* when they actually give up the ghost---literally. And their collective soul keeps living inside those who still haven't bought the farm. As a particularly adept observer of the american left, i can assure you that these current times are *far* from the 'last gasp of the Left'. Indeed, it is anything BUT the last gasp. It is, however, a turning point for them.
Realizing early on in 20th century that americans are not going to buy their Leftist nonsense if sold overtly, they spent nearly a hundred years corrupting america with their slow and steady covert attack ... in the name of 'liberalism' etc. (with the exception of few years in the sixties where they came out of their little burrows and openly tried a revolution).
The current time----pre-election---the past two years, have been the crowning zenith of their covert operations, and as soon as they got the power in 2008 they thought that they had it made. They lost all inhibition and carefullness and, in terms of their actions, came out in the open as to who they really are, and what they really want. Now it is very unlikely that people are going back to buying their older brand of snake oil.
The covert career of the Left in america is over. That does not mean Left is dying or is dead. It only means that now they have nothing to loose, and they will hit the streets with overt anti-american action. Not exactly in the sixties' fashion, but you *will* see a lot more direct action than you did in the sixties. It is now or never for these people. And if they loose america, she will survive to revive the ideals of liberty and freedom from government tyranny, and hence will prosper (like before), and that means the Left looses their entire global war of past 100 years.
They are *not* going to give up that easily. Not because a mere electorate votes them out. They don't give a damn about such electorate or about the Democracy or about the Constitution. Indeed, it is these things they have been trying to undermine all these years. Now they can attack those things directly, and already have in past two years. Expect a thousand times more of that in near future. This war between Left and Right is far from over. The real war starts after the Left in america officially looses the 100 year covert battle. Wear your seatbelt, and enjoy the ride.
Monday, October 25, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
This town is a shithole, full of shitty, mean, crazy people, and I see less and less good about it with every passing day. So basically I've just felt the need to disengage; I haven't been reading the news.
A few choice tidbits from today...
SFGate - the internet arm of the liberal-to-farleft SF Chronicle - is stepping up to the plate for criminal-loving Attorney General candidate Kamala Harris, with the first of what will no doubt be many hit pieces on her opponent Steve Cooley.
A 50-year old German tourist - a Mrs. Mechtild Schroer from Minden - was gunned down at 9 pm in the "Theater District" (read: Tenderloin) last night...
With the help a taxi driver and other bystanders, police have detained five teenagers in connection with the fatal shooting of a German tourist walking with her husband in the Theater District Sunday night.
The elementary school rector was hit by stray gunfire during a battle between rival groups attending an under-18 party at a private club, police said today.
Mechthild Schröer, 50, of Minden, Germany, was killed at 9 p.m. Sunday when shots were fired on the 400 block of Mason Street at Geary Street in the Theater District, police said. Her husband was not injured.
It was not the only club related gunfire over the weekend. Shortly before 2 a.m. Monday, two women were shot on Harriet Street near the 1015 Folsom nightclub in the SOMA neighborhood.
Eberhard Brockmann, German deputy consul general in San Francisco, said Schröer came with her husband to the United States on July 17 and had been planning to leave San Francisco on Tuesday for St. Louis before leaving from Chicago later this month.
Her husband "was at her side when he realized what happened," Brockmann said, noting that the couple was about a block from their hotel when the gunfire erupted.
He said the couple's two teenaged sons stayed in Germany during the trip, which came after Schröer was made rector of her elementary school in February.
"They were at wrong time at the wrong place," Brockmann said, noting that the couple had been walking back to the King George hotel. "It's a tragedy." (The wrong place being... San Francisco)
Mayor Gavin Newsom condemned the weekend violence while offering condolences to the victim's family and urging that anyone with information to come forward to help the police (like that'll happen).
He pointed to efforts of an unnamed, "brave taxi driver" and other bystanders who helped police catch suspects in the Mason Street gun battle. "These people represent the best of our City and our values," he said (and these people, sadly, are few and far between).
Newsom made the comments on the day he signed legislation aiming to beef up enforcement powers of the Entertainment Commission.
"We will continue to pursue every possible means to prevent violence outside clubs and hold club owners and promoters accountable," he said. (Yeah. Sure. One wonders how many more murders it will take.)