Thursday, April 19, 2007

All It Takes Is One Asshole...

The wrangling has already gotten stale over the tragic events at Virginia Tech. Who or what is to blame, who could have - or should have - done what when, and was what was done what should have been done or could more have been done, and if so, what?

Here's the deal... so the perp - who's name I will never say - was a "troubled loner." So fucking what? Truth be known, I was a troubled loner myself when I was that age. I didn't have any friends, and felt a deep resentment towards the "happy people." I perhaps even harbored violent fantasies directed at some of my fellow students (not to mention a few of my teachers).

But you know what? I didn't shoot any of them. Didn't even slash their tires!

We here in America take life... maybe not too seriously... but definitely too personally. We tend to think that every bad thing that happens is an affront to us on a personal level. But at some point even the troubled loner realizes that those "happy people" are not succeeding to spite him, and that it is, in fact, pretty damn arrogant to think that they are! And he makes a choice (for his own sake) to lighten up, to step back from the edge, to not view everyone as the enemy, that not everyone has to like you and that's okay.

The guy who performed the sick, cowardly act in Blacksburg, VA probably had the same choice at some point (or many points) in his life. And he chose evil. That's right... HE CHOSE EVIL.

That stupid moron was not driven to his acts by anyone or anything except himself and his own twisted sense of self-importance. He deserves absolutely no pity.

Back in the days when I was more "liberal" than I am now, I would get involved in the old head games about "violent imagery on TV and video games" and "let's look at his background before we judge." Bullshit. All bullshit.

The simple fact is that there are evil people in this world, and most of them CHOOSE to be that way. All of the excuses are just that... excuses.

If any media outlets - especially NBC - have any sense, they'll remove the pictures and rantings of this evil person. I saw the photos, and, to be honest, I almost laughed when I saw how pathetic he looked. Sick little pussy with a gun...

Here are the pictures we should be looking at... some of the people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and happened to be in the way when dickwad got back at the "people who caused him to do this."

At least, with his last bullet, he finally hit the right target.



Click Here For Virginia Tech's April 16th Memorial Website

No comments: