Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Stinky Stabber" Caught - Cop-killing Seattle Animal Put Down

News out of SF is that MUNI patrons can leave their Kevlar vests at home for the time being, as a "man" has been arrested in the "Stinky Stabber" case.

This comes as MUNI implements drastic service cuts starting December 5th. Maybe a good thing?

San Francisco police have arrested a man in the stabbing of a Muni Metro passenger Monday, authorities said today.

The suspect, Bobby Brown, 30, a (most likely typically criminally insane) transient, was arrested on the street along the Metro tracks in the Sunset District this morning, police said.

He is being held on attempted murder and other charges stemming from the attack Monday on Rachel "Ty" Brown, 24, on the J-Church Metro line. The suspect and the victim are not related.

Police are trying to determine whether Bobby Brown may also have been responsible for the Sept. 1 stabbing of 11-year-old Hatim Mansori on the 49-Mission bus.

Taraval Station Officers Feliks Gasanyan and Maria Donati made the arrest at 8 a.m. at 31st and Judah streets. The officers recognized Bobby Brown on the street along the N-Judah Metro line.

"They were on the Muni streetcar routes in hopes of finding him," said Lt. Michael Connolly of the investigators bureau (I know... cops doing their job??? Who woulda thunk it...).

The victim, who is still hospitalized, said in an interview before the arrest that she was sleeping aboard the outbound J-Church train at Church and Market streets Monday morning when a man walked past her and struck her at least twice in her side.

"I saw his face," Rachel Brown said. "He startled me awake, then he ran off the train."

At first, she said, she didn't realize what had happened and didn't want to call police.

"I thought the guy just punched me, no big deal," she said. After two or three stops, she said, she realized she was bleeding, and other passengers notified the operator.

Now... I really don't wanna rag on the victim here... she didn't ask to get stabbed... but both her and her "partner" displayed exactly the PC, anti-punishment attitude that directly contributes to this kind of situation.

(Brown's partner Gabby) Winder said she assumed the man who stabbed Brown on Monday was mentally ill.

"I felt sorry for him," Winder said. "If you find him, help him. I feel bad. I didn't want the dude to go to jail, but he's not mentally there."

Your girlfriend is stabbed, nearly killed, and you feel sorry for him. The only reason you want him caught is so that he gets help? Not so that he doesn't kill an innocent person, but so that
he gets help? Whatever! Fucking liberals.

Brown herself showed a little more sense, saying that she decided to do interviews from her hospital bed after hearing that the "poor" psycho who nearly killed her had nearly killed an 11-year old kid. Sometimes political correctness just can't compete with a hard, cold dose of reality.


It is time for us to stop looking at the drug addicted/insane zombies who roam our streets as our stray pets.

A commenter on sfgate summed it up nicely...

If it had happened suddenly, San Franciscans might have reacted more forcefully. That might not have been an entirely good thing, either... But it happened gradually, if fairly consistently, beginning sometime between the Beats and the Hippies, people came here to Be Free. Mencken noted that those arriving for the Democratic convention (1920) felt they'd escaped America. You could do things here you couldn't do even in LA, or NY, or so we've been told. But over the years the idea of Tolerance became confused with Acceptance, and it almost always ran one way, the newcomer insisting You had to accept them, but they didn't have to accept You. Clearly, You were not cool, You were wrong. They got to do what they wanted, and You had to accept it, because this was San Francisco, but what you did was simply Wrong/Not Cool. The lunatics now control the Asylum. The losers seem to think they can call the shots. The difference between Tolerance and Acceptance needs to be reset. Soon.

Here here! I for one get real sick of these leftist cultural carpetbaggers... these liberal dumbfucks from wherever who come to San Francisco, take a big, steaming ideological dump, and call themselves the "soul of San Francisco." You would think, talking to them, that San Francisco has had eight generations where everyone in every family was a transgendered body piercer or homeless art camper or multi-ethnic dildo producer. San Francisco is (or at least, was) a place where normal - and I'm sorry because I know how much liberals hate that word - normal people lived and had *gag* families and *ack* worked for a living at honest jobs and *eeew* went to church and all the other things that people who aren't fucked up in the head do. But I digress...

By that time, however, the attacker was long gone from the train.

Rachel Brown was being treated at San Francisco General Hospital for at least two wounds in the side. One wound was superficial, the other more penetrating. She may be released today, hospital officials say.

Police are trying to determine whether Bobby Brown may have been responsible for stabbing 11-year-old Hatim on the bus Sept. 1 at Mission and 19th streets. The descriptions of that attacker and the man who stabbed Rachel Brown on Monday were similar.

The boy was badly wounded in the attack but recovered. His mother said he has returned to the sixth grade at Marina Middle School.

The stabbings and other high-profile incidents, including a fight between two female passengers (one black and one asian) that was posted on YouTube, have led to public concern about whether crime on Muni is increasing (and, as you'll see, it is).

Figures compiled by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency, which oversees Muni, show that the number of crimes committed in the first three months of the fiscal year, through Sept. 30, was slightly higher than in the same period in 2008.

A total of 248 crimes on the Muni system were reported to police from July through September, up from 230 in the same three months in 2008. The number of aggravated assaults dropped, from nine in the first quarter of fiscal 2008-09 to four in the same period this year.

The number of reported robberies in each period was identical, 37. (Sooo... aggravated assaults are down... robberies are holding steady... so what crimes are increasing - I mean, besides the stabbings of course?)


And meanwhile, while the story above may end up being a good one - with a psychopath behind bars (at least 'till Kamala Harris can find a way too release him) - the horrible story from up in Seattle has had a good ending....

A lone officer on patrol in the middle of the night Tuesday spotted a stolen car, its hood up and engine running, and pulled over to check it out. As the patrolman sat in his cruiser, a burly man with a large mole on his cheek came up from behind.

The officer turned, stepped outside and recognized the most wanted man in the Pacific Northwest — the ex-con accused of gunning down four cops at a coffee shop.

Moments later, Maurice Clemmons, 37, lay dead in the street, shot by the patrolman after Clemmons made a move for a gun he had taken from one of the slain officers, police said.

Clemmons' death brought to an end two days of fear across the Seattle-Tacoma area and one of
the biggest manhunts the region has ever seen. Dozens of police officers milled around at the scene afterward, some solemnly shaking hands and patting each other on the back.

"Good thing he wasn't able to get the gun out here or we might have had a different ending to this whole thing," Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said. "The officer in Seattle did a good job of making sure he went home safe tonight."

Clemmons eluded capture thanks to family and friends who provided him with shelter, cell phones, cash and first aid for the severe belly wound he suffered when one of the dying officers in Sunday's coffee-shop rampage got off a shot, police said. Six to seven of those associates were being arrested Tuesday.

Among them, police said, was Darcus D. Allen, a convicted murderer who served in prison with Clemmons in Arkansas and allegedly drove the getaway truck after the coffee shop rampage; two men who later traveled with Clemmons as he eluded police; and Clemmons' sister, who bandaged him up and gave him a lift part way to Seattle.

It wasn't immediately known if she or Allen had attorneys; the other two have pleaded not guilty.

"Some are friends, some are acquaintances, some are partners in crime, some are relatives. Now they're all partners in crime," Troyer said.

Troyer said paramedics were stunned that Clemmons lived as long as he did with the bullet wound. It had been packed with gauze and patched with duct tape.

It was not clear exactly where Clemmons was while on the run. Police rushed from place to place, following tips that often came up empty or yielded only accomplices. They searched homes and apartments around the city and cordoned off a park after a report of blood in a restroom.

On Sunday, Clemmons briefly took refuge at a house in the city's well-to-do Leschi neighborhood, slipping away before police surrounded the home in an all-night siege that ended when SWAT officers stormed the place and realized he wasn't there.

Clemmons has a violent, erratic past, and authorities in Washington state and Arkansas — where then-Gov. Mike Huckabee in 2000 commuted his 108-year prison sentence for armed robbery and other offenses — are facing tough questions about why an apparently violent and deranged man was out on the street.

On Sunday, six days after posting bail in Washington on charges of raping a child, Clemmons walked into the coffee shop in suburban Tacoma and killed four uniformed Lakewood police officers as they caught up on paperwork on their laptops, police said.

"The only motive that we have is he decided he was going to go kill police officers," Troyer said. Investigators also reported that Clemmons told others the night before the shooting that he was going to kill police and they should watch the news, but they wrote it off as "crazy-talk."

In a statement posted on the conservative Newsmax.com Web site, Huckabee said: "I take full responsibility for my actions of nine years ago. I acted on the facts presented to me in 2000. If I could have possibly known what Clemmons would do nine years later, I obviously would have made a different decision. But if the same file was presented to me today, I would have likely made the same decision."

The Seattle patrol officer who killed Clemmons, Benjamin L. Kelly, 39, a seven-year law enforcement veteran, will be placed on leave, which is standard procedure after a shooting.

The officer was driving in a working-class neighborhood of south Seattle at about 2:45 a.m. when he came across a stolen car, its engine running, Assistant Seattle Police Chief Jim Pugel said.

As he sat in his cruiser, beginning paperwork on the car, he sensed movement, turned and saw someone approaching, Pugel said. The officer stepped out and immediately recognized the man, whose face had been all over TV and mugshot fliers memorized by every officer in the region.

The patrolman ordered Clemmons to freeze and show his hands, but he kept moving, and the officer fired several rounds, hitting the man at least twice, Pugel said.

Police said Clemmons would have died eventually of the gunshot wound he suffered in the coffee-shop rampage.

At the time of his arrest in Washington state earlier this year, investigators said Clemmons had visions that he was Jesus Christ and that the world was on the verge of the apocalypse. He also "told the officer President Obama and Lebron James are his brothers, Oprah (Winfrey) is his sister and referred to himself as 'the beast,'" according to court papers obtained by The News Tribune of Tacoma.

A psychological evaluation in October found he was a risk to public safety, but not enough of one to justify committing him, the newspaper reported.

No comments: