Monday, April 16, 2007

Horror in Virginia

Today, some fucking wacko killed 33 people on the campus of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA. Another 15 people were also wounded. The waste-of-skin that did it showed himself to be the ultimate pussy by shooting himself before the police got to him.

CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, Larry King, etc. etc. are all trying to figure out why before the blood dries. Experts are blaming society, the campus, the police, the perpetrator...

But you just can't reason your way out of some things.

Frankly, I would rather see 12 channels of memorial services and grief counseling, instead of everyone screaming why and "experts" jumping all over each other screaming "I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!". We can argue about who's to blame and what we can do to prevent it later.

But right now I'm just going to think about that area of the country (I've been there before and am going back this October), think of my friends in Virginia, think of my friends who are VT alumni, and pray for the families of those who were cruelly taken.

It's a fucked-up world. Fucked-up and beautiful at the same time.

Today... mostly fucked-up.

No comments: